"For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth comes knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6

October 17, 2011

Bitterness to Forgiveness

Capturing the moment and living in the present is one of the most difficult things to do. We live in a fast-paced society that is constantly moving and we cannot seem to slow down enough to enjoy the beauty surrounding us.

Many people live in the bitter past that has consumed their every waking moment of sirenity. What is the sanity in that. Your consumable mind soaks up daily memories to grab on too for life time, do all of them need to be kept in your box of memories, can you forgive and live in the present?

I do not have this fear but my sister does: of becoming a bitter old woman. That I will never do. I hope and pray her life does not lead her there, but I believe our angry can be built up so high and the scares dug so deep that bitterness seeps in without realizing the it. If you are conginitively aware of the bitterness that can grasp your whole being then you can stop it in its tracks.

My step-mother became a bitter woman. She was consumed with rage and anger. She turned her back on those people that had a lifetime of wonderful memories with her because she refused to forgive them for their disloyalty. Man will fail you, man will let you down, man will disappoint you each and every time, but it is up too you to decide that you will not allow them to destroy who you are as a person in the process.

Jesus said, "turn the other cheek". He also said, "You should forgive 7x7x7x7 times anyone that had done you wrong."

How many times have we failed God? How many times have we disappointed Him? How many times have you asked for forgiveness?

I am so imperfect in this human form and I make daily ghastly mistakes that I must ask God for forgiveness from. Does he forgive me? Yes, because He loves Him. I live with the confidence of knowing through my faith that my God is a Forgiving God.

There are consequences to our actions and sometimes God allows certain things to play out in our lives based upon our own actions. It isn't that he has abandoned us, but that he is disciplining us for our indiscretions.

I turned my back on God at one point in my life. The consequences were severe. I lost my job, I lost my house, I lost my husband, my family was destroyed, and my life hit rock bottom with a loud thud. I realized that my life didn't work without God. God is the source of who I am and where I have come along way with where I am going in life.

The Lord said, "I shall never leave you nor forsake you, 'but it is conditional: you must never leave me'."